Provides information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analyses.
• Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, spinal fluids, and gastric juices.
• Ensures operation of analyzers by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains inter- and intradepartmental workflow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies, following identification procedures.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects the hospital by keeping information confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Medical Technologist background with a minimum of 2 years laboratory experience required
• Client equipment experience
• ASCP or MLT Certification
• Local State Licensure
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal needed
• Interact with lab staff in an autonomous responsible, professional, and ethical manner
• Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
• Engagement specifics
Additional client information: