Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Mental Health SpecialistBack to Jobs
Location: Brockton, Massachusetts
Date Posted: 10 Jun, 2021
Mental Health Specialist
• Performs patient safety checks, environmental safety checks and one-to-one safety observations as required.
• Facilitates Group Therapy, Group Activities and individual alternatives based on patient’s treatment plan goals.
• Documents in patients EHR to record patients’ treatment participation and progress towards treatment goals.
• Establishes therapeutic relationships/rapport with patients while maintaining appropriate professional boundaries.
• Attuned to environmental and patient safety risks and immediately communicates risks to Registered Nurse.
• Observes for changes in patients’ behavior, mental or physical status, safety and functionality and provides appropriate interventions as indicated in patient’s treatment plan.
• Documents and communicates changes in patient’s behavior, mental status, functionality and safety.
• Identifies patient behaviors and verbal/non-verbal communications that may signify the risk of crisis development.
• Utilizes verbal and non-verbal therapeutic communication techniques to de-escalate crisis situations.
• Completes required non-violent crisis intervention training and implements training as needed for crisis management.
• Maintains the therapeutic milieu schedule and engages patients in active participation.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
• Minimum of one year experience working within the mental health field. Experience working on an inpatient psychiatric unit preferred.
• Complete and maintain Basic Life Support CPR Certification through the American Heart Association
Complete and maintain Non-violent Crisis Intervention training