Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Med Surg Acute RNBack to Jobs
Location: Fall River Mills, California
Date Posted: 07 Apr, 2021
Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse
This job comes with a signing bonus. Apply to find out more.
Safety during a pandemic is of the utmost importance. This position prioritizes your safety and provides PPE.
The Medical/Surgical Nurse cares for adult patients before and after surgical procedures. They will coordinate care plans with physicians and surgeons, administer medication, and educate their patients on surgical procedures and the care plan. The med/surg nurse will also monitor vital signs, need a broad knowledge of various health conditions, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- State Registered Nurse (RN) licensure.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
- Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (MS-RN) preferred.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Ability to obtain and interpret information based on age-specific standards of patient population served.
- Ability to recognize growth and development issues for the age-specific patient group cared for.
- Ability to make appropriate care decisions for the age-specific patient population group.
- Implements appropriate nursing interventions to facilitate recovery of patients and prevent complications.
- Evaluate a patient's response to interventions and communicate with other healthcare team members the need to revise or maintain the plan of care.
Keywords: Medical-Surgical Nurse, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Medical Surgical Nurses, Med/Surg, Med Surg, Med ortho, med neuro, med/surg ortho, med surg neuro, med surg orthopedic
NurseDeck is the trusted community resource for nurses and other healthcare workers. We’re connecting you to jobs that value you- and we’re vetting them so that you don’t have to. At NurseDeck, we’ll connect you to opportunities that best match your interests and your experience. We believe you deserve the best out of your career, from work-life balance to being your authentic self. We offer comprehensive career resources, personal stories and advice from other nurses, and a chance to have your voice heard on contemporary issues in nursing.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Certification: General Certifications(ACLS,BLS/BCLS)