Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
LVN Skilled Nursing UnitBack to Jobs
Location: Ridgecrest, California
Date Posted: 07 Apr, 2021
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
This job comes with a signing bonus. Apply to find out more.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or physician provides nursing care in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, or foreign equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing Program.
- Current California State LVN/LPN License
- CPR/BLS certificate
- Performs patient care functions, within the scope of competency, considering age-related needs of the patient as prescribed by physician/health care professional(s) following established protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Assist medical personnel with special procedures, minor surgical procedures, and/or diagnostic exams.
- Assess and monitor patients' conditions and notify physician/health care professional for disposition.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by physician orders following established protocols.
- Maintain equipment and supplies. Identify and arrange for equipment needing repair.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control
- Monitor patient flow and assign/direct other ancillary personnel as needed.
- Provide medical information and education to patients, following established protocols and guidelines.
- Document pertinent patient information, assessment, and nursing procedures following established protocols.
Keywords: lpn, licensed practical nurse, lvn, licensed vocational nurse
Education: Bachelors Degree
Certification: General Certifications: BLS/BCLS