Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
LABOR AND DELIVERY RNBack to Jobs
Location: Arcata, California
Date Posted: 07 Apr, 2021
L & D, Registered Nurse
Labor and Delivery Nurse (RN)
This job comes with a signing bonus. Apply to find out more.
Labor and Delivery/ Perinatal nurses assess the mother and neonate in a family-centered, holistic environment that supports the new family during a time of changing needs. Perinatal nurses collaborate with parenting services, antepartum/postpartum patient educators, and lactation specialists to provide comprehensive patient and family education.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse licensed.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN)
- BLS CPR Certification.
- ACLS certification.
- Provides relationship-based care that promotes continuous, consistent, efficient, and accountable delivery of nursing care using the nursing process.
- Collaborates with members of the health care team/patient/family to develop, implement, and evaluate an age-specific interdisciplinary plan of care. Revises plan according to changes in patient status.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family-centered manner.
- Integrates knowledge, skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, including patient and family education.
- Determines process for delivery of care from direct patient and family communication, technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision-making and problem-solving.
Keywords: labor and delivery nurse, neonatal nurse, perinatal nurse, nurse midwife, perinatal specialist
Education: Bachelors Degree
Certification: General Certifications: ACLS, BLS/BCLS, PALS, NRP