Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
RN HospiceBack to Jobs
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Date Posted: 05 Apr, 2021
• Oversees and coordinates patient and family care in accordance with hospice philosophy and delivery of care. Provides skilled nursing, including intervention, documentation, supportive care and assessments for assigned patients.
• The RN Case Manager is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG). KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Reports to the Clinical Manager or Director of Clinical Services ESSENTIAL DUTIES: ? Develops and oversees the care plan with patient and family/caregiver, primary physician and members of the IDT/IDG.
• Reviews and evaluates the patient’s Plan of Care (POC) in IDT/IDG meetings on a regularly scheduled basis. Approaches patient and family care in a holistic manner.
• Coordinates patient care with the physician, NP and all members of the Interdisciplinary Team through ongoing communication and appraisal of patient’s changing condition.
• Refers to appropriate team member for assistance as needed. Ensures the educational needs of the patient and family/caregiver are met in order to promote optimal care.
• Provides continuous assessment and monitoring of the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. ?
• Performs complex telephone interviews and triages as appropriate. Evaluates the appropriate time to coordinate transfer of patient from home hospice to inpatient care.
• Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific tasks per agency policy.
• Participates in related services, such as community education, team training, staff/board committees and orientation of employees.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Education: ADN OR BSN
• Experience: 2 years of Hospice experience
• Requirements: BLS, RN CO State licence
• License/Certification: RN CO state license or Compact state
• Shifts: M- F 8AM-5PM
• 8 hour shift
Additional client information: