Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Certified Nursing AssistantBack to Jobs
Location: Lewiston, Maine
Date Posted: 01 Apr, 2021
• Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary and ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; and providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
• Provides adjunct care by administering enemas, douches, non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths; and applying restraints.
• Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; testing urine and recording intake and output information.
• Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients’ call lights and requests; and reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
• Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
• Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping patient information confidential.
• Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures; federal, state, and local requirements; and jcaho standards.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, participating in professional organizations, and maintaining licensure.
• Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education: High School