Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Post Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse PACUBack to Jobs
Location: Fontana, California
Date Posted: 10 Dec, 2020
PACU, Registered Nurse
Post-Anesthesia Care Unit Nurse (RN)
The PACU, Recovery Room RN provides intensive observation and treatment for patients who have gone under anesthesia. Meet the needs of the post-operation patient, ensure the patient regains consciousness, and evaluate side effects from anesthesia including pain, confusion, nausea, and difficulty breathing. Monitor post-operation vital signs, levels of consciousness, and assure patients safely wake from anesthesia. Work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, making quick decisions.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Registered Nurse licensed.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing required.
BLS CPR Certification.
• Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care in order to achieve optimum patient outcomes for patients of all ages as appropriate to the service area.
• Treatments and medications for patients of all ages are accurately administered and documented utilizing automated computer systems, including electronic medical records.
• Actively participates in working towards the organizational and departmental goals for providing exceptional patient experiences
• Demonstrates knowledge and technical skills to perform all duties required to care for patients.
• Serves as a member of the Rapid Response Team for identified emergency codes (Code Blue, Code Brain and Rapid Response Codes), including assessment and intervention.
• Identifies proper action in the event of an emergency.
• Evaluate and respond to the Sepsis Alerts/Deterioration Index Alerts.
• Collaborates with the medical staff to ensure the delivery of quality patient care.
Keywords: Post Anesthetic Care Unit Nurse, Post Anesthetic Care Unit RN, PACU Nurse, PACU RN, PACU Registered Nurse, Recovery Room, PACU / Recovery Room Nurse, PreOp-PostOp RN.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Certification: General Certifications(BLS/BCLS,ACLS)