Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Microbiology Development Scientist 1Back to Jobs
Location: San Diego, California
Date Posted: 19 Nov, 2020
Principal duties/Roles and responsibilities:
Client, the leading provider of antibody reagents to the research immunology community, is seeking an outstanding Scientist I to join our highly motivated Research Development team. Utilizing automation solutions and working across a matrixed team, the Scientist I will be responsible for the evaluation of fluorochrome conjugated antibody reagents for use in flow cytometry applications. The role also entails assisting team members with the implementation of novel automation solutions. The Associate is responsible for routine, accurate and timely testing of experimental samples according to standard protocols and operating procedures. The successful candidate is expected to set up and execute experiments, be detail oriented, skilled at data analysis and trouble shooting and will be accountable for preparing and presenting data at lab meetings. The Scientist I will prioritize daily workload and work with some supervision.
• Routine, accurate and timely completion of all assigned experimental tests. Will be expected to efficiently prioritize individual workload.
• Independently analyze research data, solve problems with appropriate guidance and effectively plan follow up experiments. Responsible for the execution and analysis of experiments with varying complexity using liquid handlers and flow cytometry.
• Expected under supervision to develop skills and exercise judgment in troubleshooting routine assigned test procedures and in recommending appropriate corrective actions.
• Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Required Skills/Must Have:
• 3 Must haves on the resume: Assay Automation, Flow Cytometry, Programming
• Assay automation and experience operating liquid handlers.
• Previous experience with flow cytometry is highly preferred.
• An ability to program in languages such as R or Python.
• Highly self-motivated with effective interpersonal skills, must be able to work in a cross-functional team-oriented environment to achieve organizational goals.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to follow established policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to keep neat, accurate, and complete records.
• Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in cell biology, immunology, engineering or related scientific discipline and a minimum of 1-2 years of laboratory experience.
Education: Bachelors Degree