Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Scientific Operations Biochemist 1Back to Jobs
Location: San Diego, California
Date Posted: 13 Oct, 2020
Requires Biochemistry , Scientific Operations , Laboratory , Quality Control
Principal duties/Roles and responsibilities:
The Biochemist I is expected to work independently, performing all laboratory multitask functions involve in Conjugation. The person directly reports to the immediate supervisor, assisting him/her with the day to day laboratory operations. This position is further responsible for direct problem solving tasks and is expected to follow through an assignment. The Biochemist I is expected to complete single and multiple step conjugations with good quality and yield in a timely manner. This position is expected to finish assignments on time to help keep up with conjugation productivity. Working well in a team environment is a must.
• Be able to perform different conjugation formats accurately and independently, having a complete understanding of the techniques, theories and background involved in the processes.
• Consistency in technique, documentation, data entry, labeling, aliquot of QC samples, equipment operation, meeting production specifications with assignments and committing to due dates.
• Understanding background and critical points to chemistry involved in making assignments through training and reading.
• Review and address issues during batch record and other document review to minimize impact to the business.
• Follow all departmental guidelines and procedures.
• Promotes a safe work environment. Offers recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment. Participates in Environmental Health & Safety programs. Participates in addressing corrective actions whenever a hazard is identified. Notifies supervisor of all observed unsafe work practices.
• Perform duties as assigned by supervisor and trainer, following their instructions.
• Participate in lab supply orders, reagent preparations, and equipment maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Skills/Must Have:
• • General knowledge of biology, biochemistry or other related discipline.
• • Familiarity with operation of routine laboratory instruments and applicable software.
• • Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a biological/chemistry science discipline
Education: Bachelors Degree