Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Clinical Accessioning TechnicianBack to Jobs
Location: Farmington, Connecticut
Date Posted: 01 Oct, 2020
The Clinical Accessioning Technician will assist in the daily processing of COVID19 testing samples in accordance with approved standard operating procedures (SOPs) and all applicable regulations. The technician will work collaboratively with the laboratory technologists and COVID19 customer service team. These activities will be performed in compliance with state and federal regulations and will directly impact human health and thus must meet the highest possible standards for quality and integrity.
• Receives, unboxes, processes, accessions, barcodes and enters specimen samples into storage in accordance with chain of custody logistics. Ensures that receiving/shipping of specimens are in accordance with relevant operating procedures and compliant with regulations including but not limited to DOT/IATA. 70%
• Utilizes CLIA JAX LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) and other internal data systems to perform data entry and specimen tracking. 20%
• Organizes, and keeps up-to-date patient files while following clinical laboratory paperwork retention policy. 10%
• Other duties as assigned.
• Maintains the highest level of quality with strong attention to detail while multi-tasking. Specimen data entry is performed with minimal error and samples are routed into the appropriate workflow.
• Effectively interacts and communicates with supervisor, manager and colleagues. Effectively communicates with external groups via phone, fax and email in a professional manner.
• All operating and documentation procedures are followed as stated in laboratory protocols with minimal deviations.
• Works with the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor or Manager to streamline the accessioning, report release and customer service workflows.
• BS/BA in biological sciences or 3 years’ work experience in a similar role.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate written and verbal scientific and clinical information.
• Ability to interact with all individuals in a productive, professional and positive manner.
• The ability to work in a demanding, fast paced, team-oriented environment, while maintaining a high-level of professionalism.
• Demonstrated team player with professional, positive attitude and willingness to be flexible.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a client/user base delivering consistent professional experience.
• Good organizational, communication, and strong computer database skills. Strong attention to detail and accuracy as evidenced by demonstrated ability to accurately execute SOPs. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
• The ability to identify issues that could affect the quality of the test.