Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Patient Care PartnerBack to Jobs
Location: Bronxville, New York
Date Posted: 25 Mar, 2020
Position Title : Patient Care Partner
Position ID: 00-000-111
Location: NYP Lawrence Hospital 55 Palmer Avenue Bronxville, NY 10708
Shift: Multiple Shift Available
Duration: 2 months
Department : Nursing
Client: New York Presbyterian Hospital
The Patient Care Partner (PCP) works under the direction of the Registered Nurse completing direct and indirect patient care tasks which do not require licensed practitioner. Position Responsibilities
Accurately and safely performs tasks as directed by the RN, according to LHC’s Nursing Policy & Procedures. These tasks may include, but are not limited to:
• Performs 12 lead EKG’s
• Performs basic CPR as necessary, or directed
• Assists patients with compliance with incentive spirometry, deep breathing and coughing exercises.
• Performs phlebotomy as ordered
• Performs order entry, as needed
• Performs application of ortho
• equipment-(DEM only)
• Assists MD and RN with endoscopy procedures (ASU only).
• Maintains endoscopies appropriately (ASU only).
• Processes endoscopy specimen appropriately (ASU only).
• Processes all other duties as outlined on the Patient Care Partner competency summary for the DEM.
• Safely and compassionately performs a variety of personal care services to patients.
• Participates in the maintenance of unit equipment and environment, cleans assigned areas.
• Consistently utilizes universal precautions and any other isolation techniques to minimize transmission of infection.
• Data collection of flow sheets is immediate, accurate and complete.
• Reports on/off duty to Nurse Manager and or Charge Nurse, when leaving unit. Performs duties in a pleasant, cooperative and professional manner.
• Attends in-service education programs, and mandatory classes as assigned, to learn new treatments, procedures, skills etc.
• Demonstrates proficiency in clinical skills annually.
• Assist the hospital and the Department in meeting and exceeding their commitment to continuous quality improvement.
• Stocks cubicles and carts appropriately.
• Demonstrates cost effectiveness in the utilization of supplies and materials.
• Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit.
• Responsible for displaying courtesy and sensitivity to our customers. Meets commitments and responds promptly to customer needs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Professional Skills/Experience: 1-3 years in an acute care setting preferred.
• High School Diploma.
• Current or previous enrollment in one of the following college or technical level programs preferred.
• Successful completion of Nursing Assistant Program preferred.
• Enrollment in an accredited school of nursing with completion of 1-2 semesters of clinical practice or EMT certification preferred.
• BLS Certification.
• Phlebotomy Certification
• EKG Certification