Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Certified Surgical TechBack to Jobs
Location: Austin, Texas
Date Posted: 10 Feb, 2020
Job Title: Certified Surgical Tech
Position Type: Perm
Position id: 334211
Location: AUSTIN, TX
Interview Process: Phone or In-person
Client: Leading Hospital
• The Surgery Tech II assists in the care and preparation of the surgical patient according to Hospital standards and policies. Performs scrub duties in all types of surgical interventions. Assists surgeons. Cares for and cleans Operating Room equipment, suites and instruments and maintains a sterile environment. Performs all required documentation.
• Graduation from an accredited high school, or GED certificate;
• Completion of accredited Surgical Technologist Program and qualifications for certification, or evidence of surgical technician skills and experience or a minimum of six (6) years of recent experience as a surgical technician with verification of competency in four of five surgical specialties (General, GYN, Neurosurgery, CV and Ortho) or any medical school graduate.
• Three years of Operating Room (OR) scrub experience.
• Effective verbal, written, and face-to-face communication skills.
• Surgical Tech Certification from an Accredited program such as NBSTSA, CAAHEP, OR ABHES surgical technology program OR eligible to take Certification 180 days post hire. (Employees hired prior to 9/01/09 will be considered “grandfathered” and will not be required to present certification).
• OR Licensed Vocational Nurse
• BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
• Referral Bonus