Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Executive AssistantBack to Jobs
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Date Posted: 21 Jan, 2020
Position Title: Executive Assistant
Position Type: Contract
Position Type: Contract
Source ID: 38152
Location: Boston, MA
Department: BWPO Corporate
Duration of Assignment: indefinite
Hours: 8:30am – 5pm
The Brigham and Women’s Physicians Organization (BWPO) Executive Staff Assistant provides administrative and secretarial support to the BWPO Executive Director, Population Health Management and Physician Engagement and BWPO Associate Medical Directors. S/he also provides back-up coverage and support for the Executive Assistants for BWPO and BWHC senior leaders as needed, including the BWPO President and BWH VP of Marketing, as well as for the Brigham Care Strategies and Innovation (BCSI) Administrative Assistant. The role requires advanced administrative skills and experience in word processing, a high degree of organization, and the ability to prioritize assignments. The BWPO Executive Staff Assistant utilizes a significant amount of judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters and in screening and handling certain routine and administrative functions on behalf of the Executive Leaders of BWHC.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Indicate key areas of responsibility, major job duties, special projects and key objectives for this position. These items should be evaluated throughout the year and included in the written annual evaluation.
• Provides administrative and secretarial support for the BWPO Executive Director and BWPO Medical Directors.
• Serves as lead scheduler for many large-scale initiatives including: Population Health Management, Performance Improvement Council/Directors of Performance Improvement, BWPO Care Redesign Incubator Start Up Program (BCRISP), Faculty Wellbeing and Care Management
• Manages and maintains office space, equipment, and supplies. Serves as primary contact for external office vendors and technical support. Assists staff with equipment and supply needs.
• Tracks invoices and ensures payments made in a timely manner. Prepares, submits, and follows up on check requests, work orders, and resource booking requests to ensure completion.
• Books travel and accommodations for meetings and speaking engagements. Processes and tracks travel reimbursements.
• Provides cross coverage for Executive Assistants to Brigham Corporate Leadership and Administrative Assistants on the BCSI team.
• Purchaser for the BCSI team.
• Manages membership dues to various organizations.
• Other duties, as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: (MUST be realistic, neither overstated nor understated, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
• Bachelor’s or Secretarial degree (or equivalent relevant experience) required.
• 7-10 years experience, with a minimum of 5 years of advanced administrative experience required.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (MUST be realistic, measurable, objective, and related to the essential functions of the job.)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Individual must be extremely organized, flexible, and independently motivated.
• Requires knowledge of standard office equipment, (fax machine, typewriter, transcriber, calculator, copier, IBM compatible computer, Windows, multi-line phone, transcriber, etc.).
• Strong Microsoft Office application and computer skills.
• Seasoned keyboarding skills and excellent command of English grammar and spelling, as well as the ability to type 65 words per minute.
• Ability to work and make decisions independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to handle confidential and privileged information with extreme confidence and professional responsibility.