Rewarding Career Experience for Healthcare Professionals
Research Assistant I - LabBack to Jobs
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Date Posted: 11 Jan, 2020
Position Title: Research Assistant I - Lab
Position Type: Contract
Position ID: HUJP00001888
Location: Boston, MA
Shift: Standard hours
Duration: 3 Months
Required exp: 1 – 3 years
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs laboratory experiments utilizing specific and proscribed techniques and equipment.
• Collects project data. Under direction, processes, organizes and summarizes data, reporting experiment results using a variety of scientific, word processing, spreadsheet or statistical software applications or program platforms.
• As a member of a project team, may assist in the design of laboratory experiments, techniques, and protocols.
• May perform routine logging and or testing of samples. May occasionally instruct others in basic laboratory techniques.
• Performs related laboratory maintenance such as maintaining and cleaning equipment and ordering supplies.
• May process orders or invoices, or undertake other clerical and simple accounting duties under the direction of administrative personnel.
• At least one year related work experience. Relevant course work may count towards experience. Demonstrated abilities in basic laboratory techniques helpful, but not required.
• Exposure to applicable computer technologies, including specific software applications, may be required. Appropriate communications skills required.
• May be required to lift, move and transport related laboratory equipment.
• May be required to work with a variety of hazardous materials. May be required to work with and handle animals. May be required to use Autoclave.